5.17.2009

"The Art of Hype" or "Bioware Teases with Teasers of Teasers"

How to make a videogame trailer.
Step 1: Do not show anything of the gameplay, use only cutscenes with the GUI turned off
Step 2: Use music that will most likely never even be in the game at all
Step 3: Title your trailer something edgy that is bound to get attention.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit

Humor aside (though only like 1 person who reads my blog got that meme), I have been looking forward to Dragon Age: Origins for quite some time. I like what Bioware has done in the past with titles like MDK2, KoToR, and Mass Effect. I find the concepts behind this game interesting, especially the fact that the characters you create completely changes where and how the story begins and affects the whole story of the game.



On another note, Bioware has put up a video teasing what they will be showing of Mass Effect 2 behind closed doors at E3. So, this is essentially a teaser... for a teaser. Bravo, and yet the internet still exploded and my girlfriend talked about it for two days.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I talked about it for two days, because Mass Effect 2 will be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete