4.13.2009

"Open Source... Manga?" or "Ubunchu!"

This is a weird one.

Linux, as many know, is an arduous and impossible to use operating system used by nerds and IT professionals, as they are the only ones who could ever use such archaic things as a command prompt.

Okay, well, that's the mainstream view of linux circa 2000... these days there are linux distros that are even easier to use than MacOSX, and ones that require a lot of code compiling. For a good middle ground though, something akin to the difficulty of running windows and such (which is very easy), there's Ubuntu and it's spin offs like Linux Mint.

I have linux on installed on four computers in this house... (Ubuntu 8.10, Linux Mint 6, Fedora 11 Beta, and Damn Small Linux). I also have Vista 64 on two computers, XP on three, and I'm trying to get MacOSX 10.5.6 installed on my AMD laptop (stupid chipset is holding me back) multi-boot with vista, and two linux distros. So I know a thing or two about OSes.

I would have never guessed that a linux distro would be the subject of a Japanese comic or manga.


I am currently downloading the manga, which is available free in PDF form (Open Source Comics?) Ubunchu is comic of 3 school students in a system-admin club who are getting into Ubuntu. It's just a little out there in my honest opinion.

Get the PDF here: Ubunchu PDF

Source: Doctor MO's Blog

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun post, I gotta say. It's interesting how people work in various stuff into their work, right down to an Operating system. Good promotion all around.

    ReplyDelete